- Mason Everyday Tote
- Madison Deluxe Tote
- Fayette Saddle Bag
- Clark Map Bag
- Lincoln Satchel
- Clay Pocket Wallet, Clay Bi-Fold Wallet, Clay Snap Wallet and Clay Flap Wallet
- Boone Journal Passport Wallet
- Harrison Journal Cover
- Edison Composition Cover
- Taylor Sunglass Case
- Warren Key Fob
- Jefferson Overnight Bag
- Vernon Bowling Bag
Read more about how we select our product names.
Our Current Colors
We choose colors that we thought would suit the most tastes and lifestyles. Our color names reflect our Kentucky heritage; Tobacco, Bourbon, Saddle, Thoroughbred, Coal and Cardinal.
- Tobacco: A lighter chestnut color, reminiscent of dried tobacco leaves. We will retire this color in Spring of 2017. No new batches will be made in Tobacco.
- Bourbon: A deep golden brown, similar to the color of bourbon in the bottle. Not watered down bourbon, straight bourbon. We will retire this color in Spring of 2017. No new batches will be made in Bourbon.
- Veggie Tanned Saddle: A light honey tan, the classic go to color with distinct variation of color highlighting the natural characteristics the leather. This color is a perfect combination of both Tobacco and Bourbon.
- Veggie Tanned Thoroughbred: A rich dark brown with undertones of deep burgundy, similar to Dark Bay Thoroughbred.
- Coal: Couldn’t be any easier … as Black as coal.
- Cardinal: Named for the Commonwealth’s State Bird, this deep, dark red resembles the color of a full bodied Merlot wine.
It all starts with an idea! Once we have researched, questioned, studied and critiqued, Steve hand sketches a design. He then makes the pattern out of his trusted poster board, traces the pattern on leather and then hand cuts each piece. We both work on the construction of the first sample, from gluing edges to punching stitching holes, hot stamping the logo and hand stitching and hand hammering rivets, studs and snaps. Sometimes the design requires multiple samples … to the chagrin to my tiny fingers. After we have agreed on the sample it’s ready for production. Our products are hand made by the most revered saddle makers with centuries of experience. All accessories are hand sewn.
Our leather is sourced 100% from US Steer Hide and is tanned in one of the most modern tanneries founded in 1939. We only use both full grain latigo and veggie tanned bridle leather.
The latigo process is a combination of tanning, first chrome tanned then vegetable tanned. The leather is then infused with oils and waxes. Due to oil/wax infusion, and its partial chrome tanning, our leather is very high strong and durability, all while maintaining its original beauty and color. Because of its weight and tanning process, latigo is among the most expensive cattle hide leathers.
Our bridle leather is made using old world craftsmanship with the highest quality oils and tallows. This leather will age beautifully and most importantly maintain its strength and temper for years to come
Note the scratches and other marks on our leather goods are natural characteristics of full grain leather. These irregularities and variations add to the uniqueness of each bag. Every leather bag is unique because every hide is unique
They may not seem like much, but every piece of hardware on our products are made in the USA. Each hand hammered rivet is solid copper and our studs, buckles and rings are solid antique brass.
Dust Bag Covers
Our new Dust Bag Covers are the perfect solution to keep your handbags looking their best. Each Dust Cover is made in our Louisville, KY, USA studio of soft cotton and designed with a drawstring closure to keep out dust and dirt.