We choose colors that we thought would suit the most tastes and lifestyles. Our color names reflect our Kentucky heritage; Tobacco, Bourbon, Thoroughbred, Coal and Cardinal.
Pictured from back to front:
- Veggie Tanned Coal: Couldn’t be any easier … as Black as coal.
- Veggie Tanned Cardinal: Named for the Commonwealth’s State Bird, this deep, dark red resembles the color of a full bodied Merlot wine.
- Thoroughbred: A rich dark brown with undertones of deep burgundy, similar to Dark Bay Thoroughbred. Veggie Tanned Thoroughbred will replace this color in Spring of 2017.
- Bourbon: A deep golden brown, similar to the color of bourbon in the bottle. Not watered down bourbon, straight bourbon.
- Tobacco: A lighter chestnut color, reminiscent of dried tobacco leaves.
- Veggie Tanned Tobacco: A light honey tan, the classic go to color with distinct variation of color highlighting the natural characteristics of the leather. This color will darken over time with use. Shown in the Mason Everyday Tote.
- Veggie Tanned Thoroughbred: A rich walnut, similar to Thoroughbred but with more variation and speckling. Shown in the Boone Passport Wallet and Mason Everyday Tote.
All computers display colors differently, but we hope these descriptions will help you decide which color is for you. Slight variation from product to product in the same color family is to be expected due to the nature of our process and materials used.